Medium tall, thornless, spreading plants
Fruits are solitary, elongated bell shaped, blackish purple. Average fruit weight of 300-400g
Early harvesting starts in about 55 days from planting
Benefits of brinjal are discussed here. It is supposed to possess many medicinal properties and is used as a remedy for cancer, hypertension and diabetes. Brinjal is high in water content and potassium. This is an excellent cholesterol regulator.
They are a very good source of Dietary Fiber, the famous plant compound that our bodies need for proper digestion. Dietary Fiber also helps in the areas of weight loss (by making us feel fuller for longer), diabetes management, and heart health. Speaking of heart health, eggplant is also naturally low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BRINJAL –
- It supplies the basic minerals, vitamins and iron a body require to keep on rolling. The nutrients it has maintains the body’s requirement of the same and that too a yummy dish being served in lots of form.
- Eggplants also assist in sharpening the brain as it is blessed with certain important phytonutrients which enhances the blood circulation as well. The skin of the eggplant is constituted with these nutrients and offers proper nourishment altogether.
- For managing and controlling the diabetic level eggplant has already proven its benefit, from centuries it is consumed and had helped to a great extent.
- The diet conscious folks can fill their bellies with the same as 1 cup of this veggie hardly comes to 35 calories, good to maintain the weight but of course, more benefits when roasted or baked. It is great when baked at 400 degrees and comes under a healthier option to dig into as the form of cooking also affects the nutritional consumption, and for more reasons frying should be avoided as it soaks a lot of oil which tends to harm the heart.
- It has high fibre content thereby provides healthy digestion. It has been a proven fact that regular consumption of eggplants prevent from colon cancer.
- Moreover, the cholesterol level of the body is also maintained, resulting to healthy heart and avoiding heart diseases.
- Most of the efficient nutrients in the eggplant remains in the skin, helps in removing bad cholesterol and providing effective blood circulation. Therefore, it should not be peeled off and consumed in its pure form.
- Eggplants are enriched with bioflavonoids, which are known for controlling high blood pressure and reduces stress.
- The capillaries gets strengthened due to the presence of vitamin k and bioflavonoids in the eggplant, henceforth preventing blood clots. The remedy of diseases are many but precaution always sustain for a long run and it is simply possible by inhibiting such multi nutritioned veggies into our routine diet.
- Researchers have also proved its high fibre content and low soluble carbohydrate, which helps in maintains a healthy heart and controlling diabetes. However, the high fibre content fills the stomach contributing to diet maintenance.
- Therefore, the natural remedies need to be adapted inspite of running after medicines. The veggies are nutritional and so eggplant is no way any exception and an healthier option to choose for, why not in the routine diet.
- Eat healthy, stay fit.